Travel mini-series: Nomadic Matt’s travel hacks
We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest FT Weekend podcast news every morning.
In the fourth and final episode of our special mini-series on travel, Lilah talks with Matt Kepnes, the creator of the popular travel blog Nomadic Matt. Matt has been traveling the globe for nearly 20 years, and he’s written about it in his books How to Travel the World on $50 a Day and Ten Years a Nomad. Over the years, Matt has amassed a knowledge of all the best ways to see the world without spending a fortune. And on this episode, he shares those tips and more.
Want to stay in touch? We love hearing from you. We’re on Twitter @ftweekendpod and Lilah is on Instagram and Twitter @lilahrap.
– Matt is on Twitter and Instagram at @NomadicMatt
– The Nomadic Matt blog: https://www.nomadicmatt.com/
– Matt on how to earn points by paying your rent: https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/bilt-rewards-review/
– 11 cheap places to travel on the US dollar: https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/cheap-places-to-visit-on-the-us-dollar/
– The flight deal websites Matt recommends are Scott's Cheap Flights and Holiday Pirates
Special offers for FT Weekend listeners, from 50 per cent off a digital subscription to a $1/£1/€1 trial can be found here: http://ft.com.ezp.lib.cam.ac.uk/weekendpodcast
This episode was produced by Zach St Louis. Mixing and sound design by Breen Turner.
Read a transcript of this episode on FT.com