HBO’s 'Industry', and Esther Perel
We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest FT Weekend podcast news every morning.
This weekend, we discuss Industry on HBO with chief features writer Henry Mance. The show is part of a trend: like Succession and Euphoria, it depicts a pretty harsh version of the world we live in. So why do we keep getting sucked in? Then you'll hear a conversation between star psychologist Esther Perel and FT contributing editor Lucy Kellaway from the FT Weekend Festival. They discuss how remote work might change us, whether TikTok is teaching kids to be anxious, and more. Listen wherever you get your podcasts, or at ft.com/ftweekendpodcast.
Here’s the link to leave us a message for our listener callout: https://sayhi.chat/6gci2
What’s a topic people would find boring, but you think we could make interesting on the podcast? Challenge us!
Want to stay in touch? We love hearing from you. Email us at email@example.com. We’re on Twitter @ftweekendpod, and Lilah is on Instagram and Twitter @lilahrap.
Links and mentions from the episode:
– The entire Esther Perel and Lucy Kellaway conversation is here: https://youtu.be/BjdvwbJyyxo
– Henry on Industry Season 1: Has TV finally captured the reality of the City in BBC series Industry? https://on-ft-com.ezp.lib.cam.ac.uk/3yn8MPu
– Henry writing about being on Industry: https://on-ft-com.ezp.lib.cam.ac.uk/3ypgl8n
– Lucy Kellaway writes about her conversation with Esther: https://on-ft-com.ezp.lib.cam.ac.uk/3ynuGlM
– Esther’s podcasts are called Where Should We Begin? And How’s Work?
– Henry is on Twitter @henrymance. Lucy is on Twitter @lucykellaway. Esther is on Instagram and Twitter @estherperelofficial and @estherperel
Special offers for FT Weekend listeners, from 50% off a digital subscription to a $1/£1/€1 trial, can be found here: http://ft.com.ezp.lib.cam.ac.uk/weekendpodcast
Original music by Metaphor Music. Mixing and sound design by Breen Turner and Sam Giovinco
Read a transcript of this episode on FT.com
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.